Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy, simple salad to make.
- 6 cups small raw broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, walnuts, onion and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and mayonnaise until well blended.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss to coat well.
- Chill for about 1 hour; serve.
I made this recipe as written for the 4th of July BBQ we were to attend. I only substituted one item and that was balsamic vinegar for white wine vinegar. It was delicious! My new favorite!!
Absolutly delicious!Very easy to make, and everyone loved it!
This is excellent - the combination enhances the crispness of the broccoli while the creaminess of the mayonnaise blends the flavours.