A friend gave me this recipe when I was looking for a vegetable dish to make with ham. My husband filled his plate three times during dinner and it is very hard for me to get him to eat his veggies! Everyone has loved making this dish because it is so easy and everyone goes back for seconds and thirds!
- Cook broccoli and drain water.
- Add Velvetta and cook until melted.
- In a seperate pan melt butter, then remove from heat.
- Add crumbled Ritz crackers to the butter and stir until mixed well.(You can crumble the crackers by hand or by putting them in a storage bag and crush with a rolling pin).
- Spray a 1 3/4 quart cassarole dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon in half the crackers into the dish.
- Pour broccoli and cheese mixture in and cover with the rest of the crackers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes uncovered at 350 degrees or until top browns.