Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend gave me this recipe when I was looking for a vegetable dish to make with ham. My husband filled his plate three times during dinner and it is very hard for me to get him to eat his veggies! Everyone has loved making this dish because it is so easy and everyone goes back for seconds and thirds!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 a box of 16oz Ritz cracker
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Cook broccoli and drain water.
- Add Velvetta and cook until melted.
- In a seperate pan melt butter, then remove from heat.
- Add crumbled Ritz crackers to the butter and stir until mixed well.(You can crumble the crackers by hand or by putting them in a storage bag and crush with a rolling pin).
- Spray a 1 3/4 quart cassarole dish with cooking spray.
- Spoon in half the crackers into the dish.
- Pour broccoli and cheese mixture in and cover with the rest of the crackers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes uncovered at 350 degrees or until top browns.
My family loves this recipe. It was a good way to get a vegetable into a child who did not like them, but now loves this cheesy broccoli. I make it on all holidays as it goes well with everything and is quick and easy to make.
I made this and it was delicious! I impressed my husband who is used to amazing new orleans cooking! only thing i added was some velveeta shred for the top.
Our family thought this simple recipe was just delicious. Loved the buttery Ritz- YUM! I love easy to put together recipes for weeknight meals. *Made for PAC Spring 2010* Edited to add: I've just made this for the 2nd time in a week and used a broccoli/cauliflower blend- Delicious!