Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is what happened the night before we left for vacation when there was not a fresh veggie in the house, The milk was very low and no thawed meat. Instead of running to the store, I did a pantry casserole. Definitely not too healthy, but it is pretty darn good!
- 1 (12 ounce) box macaroni shells and cheese, box dinner
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted (or can use cream of broccoli)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 12 ounces albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- Prepare shells and cheese dinner according to package direction; drain but do not rinse.
- Return cooked shells to hot pot.
- Add in liquid cheese packet (from the shells & cheese dinner), condensed soup, milk, tuna, thawed broccoli, onion and garlic powder.
- Gently stir to mix well.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the buttery breadcrumbs on top of the casserole.
- Bake; uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
Terrific, but I added potato chips to the topping. Bad for the waist, but worth it.