Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can lighten this recipe up a little by using turkey bacon, & low-fat mayo. From allrecipes.com
- 6 slices bacon
- 20 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 heads fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook tortellini in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, tortellini, bacon, raisins, sunflower seeds and red onion. Pour dressing over salad, and toss.
Absolutely delicious. I added additional broccoli and an additional half of the dressing.
I've made this before without the tortellini. But this is the only way I'll make this from now on. I used currants instead of raisins and didn't have sunflower seeds. It still turned out great! Will make again! Thanks.
I loved this! I left out the raisins and sunflower seeds, used green onions instead of red, balsamic mayo instead of regular and honey instead of sugar. I also added garlic powder (thanks, Kittencal!) and salt. Not really the same recipe after all that, I suppose, but wonderful all the same. Thank you!