Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very easy to make, and very yummy! This was a big hit with my boyfriend, even though he's a steak and potatoes kind of guy. I took this from Diana Rattray at About.com: Your guide to Southern Cuisine, and substituted tomatoes for mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake pie crust about 10 minutes or until bottom is slightly brown. Let cool.
- Cook broccoli until tender (this can be done in the microwave); drain well.
- Combine milk, beaten eggs, margarine, flour, salt, pepper and 3/4 cup cheese; stir until well blended.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of cheese over crust.
- Layer broccoli and tomato on cheese.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over all.
- Bake at 375° for 35 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.