Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Very interesting salad. A nice mixture of fruits and vegetables that went well together. The tangy oil and vinegar dressing brought it all together. I used real bacon that I fried and crumbled and left off the feta because some of my guests won't eat if. I served this at our 4th of July party. Thanks for a great salad recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, cooked,drained and cooled
- 2 kiwi fruits, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pint sliced strawberry
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/4 cup oil in skillet over med.
- high heat.
- Add broccoli, onion, garlic and basil and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender (6 minutes).
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Put broccoli mixture and pasta in bowl and toss.
- Add fruit (strawberries and kiwi), tomatoes and bacon bits and toss again.
- Mix together remaining oil and vinegar and pour over salad.
- Crumble feta cheese over top of salad and toss.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.