I love this recipe because it makes a nice change from regular steamed broccoli. When I make this, I like to use a red pepper to get more color. You should also consider doing a mixture of red and yellow, or all three colors! This is a vegetable side dish recipe to serve 4 people: I hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g fresh broccoli
- nonstick cooking spray (or cooking oil)
- 2 clove garlic, minced or 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1 medium sweet red peppers or 1 medium yellow sweet peppers or 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 29.58-59.16 ml water
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram, crushed (oregano)
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 1Wash broccoli; remove flowerets from stems.
- 2Thinly slice the stems into rounds (you should have about 1 1/2 cups).
- 3Cut the flowerets into smaller flowerets, if needed (you should have about 2 1/2 cups).
- 4Set stems and flowerets aside.
- 5Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray (or, you can use cooking oil).
- 6Heat over medium heat.
- 7Add garlic; cook and stir for 15 seconds.
- 8Add broccoli stems and flowerets, sweet pepper, water, marjoram (oregano), salt, and pepper.
- 9Cover and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 10Makes four servings.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Sweet Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 39.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g