Recipe by Bec
I love this recipe because it makes a nice change from regular steamed broccoli. When I make this, I like to use a red pepper to get more color. You should also consider doing a mixture of red and yellow, or all three colors! This is a vegetable side dish recipe to serve 4 people: I hope you like it!
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli
- nonstick cooking spray (or cooking oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium sweet red peppers or 1 medium yellow sweet peppers or 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 -4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed (oregano)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash broccoli; remove flowerets from stems.
- Thinly slice the stems into rounds (you should have about 1 1/2 cups).
- Cut the flowerets into smaller flowerets, if needed (you should have about 2 1/2 cups).
- Set stems and flowerets aside.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray (or, you can use cooking oil).
- Heat over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir for 15 seconds.
- Add broccoli stems and flowerets, sweet pepper, water, marjoram (oregano), salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Makes four servings.