1/3 Photos of Broccoli and Stilton Soup
From the *Best Ever Chicken* Cookbook edited by Linda Fraser ---- There are many broccoli cheese soup recipes on RZ, but I could not find a single one using Stilton cheese & we love it. Per the intro, "A very easy, but rich soup -- Choose something simple to follow it, such as plainly roasted or grilled meat, poultry or fish." *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g fresh broccoli (may sub frozen florets)
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 leek (chopped)
- 1 small potato (cut in sml chunks)
- 591.47 ml chicken stock
- 295.73 ml milk
- 44.37 ml double cream (heavy cream)
- 113.39 g Stilton cheese (crumbled, may use the other British variety of Blue)
- salt and black pepper (to taste pref)
- 1Break broccoli into florets & roughly chop any tough stems. Set aside 2 sml florets for garnish.
- 2Melt butter in a lrg pan & cook the onion & leek till soft, but not caramelized. Add broccoli & potato, then pour in the stock. Cover & simmer for 15-20 min, till tender.
- 3Allow to cool slightly, then puree the soup in a blender or food proc. (I will use my immersion blender for this). Return soup to the pan.
- 4Add milk + cream, season w/salt & pepper to taste pref & reheat gently. At the last moment, add Stilton cheese & stir soup till the cheese just melts. DO NOT BOIL.
- 5Cut reserved broccoli florets into thin slices. Ladle soup into warmed bowls & garnish w/sliced broccoli & freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Stilton Soup
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.4
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.1 mg
- Sodium 735.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 16.1 g