Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe found on livebetteramerica.com and it looks so beautiful and sounds quite tasty. Perfect for the holidays! Placed here for safe keeping. In reading this, I think the addition of a spice or two might be warranted, but I will have to try it first.
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen broccoli cuts (I plan to use fresh or cooked broccoli)
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1/2 inch, 1 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook and drain broccoli as directed on bag. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook squash in orange juice over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender but firm.
- Stir in butter, broccoli, cranberries, pecans, orange peel and salt; toss to coat. Serve immediately.