Recipe by JanuaryBride
Recipe found on livebetteramerica.com and it looks so beautiful and sounds quite tasty. Perfect for the holidays! Placed here for safe keeping. In reading this, I think the addition of a spice or two might be warranted, but I will have to try it first.
- 2 (12 ounce) bags frozen broccoli cuts (I plan to use fresh or cooked broccoli)
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1/2 inch, 1 1/2 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain broccoli as directed on bag. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook squash in orange juice over medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender but firm.
- Stir in butter, broccoli, cranberries, pecans, orange peel and salt; toss to coat. Serve immediately.