Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious meatless dishes I got out of the Vancouver Sun about 10 years ago.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup broccoli, fine chopped
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 -8 flour tortillas
- lettuce, shredded
- tomatoes, chopped
- heat butter in 10" frypan.
- Add onion and cook until tender about 3 minutes. stir in spinach.
- remove from heat and add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, ricotta, broccoli,1/3 cup picante, cumin and garlic salt.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the spinach mixture down the centre of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down in lightly greased shallow baking pan.
- Spoon remaining picante sauce over enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkler with remaining cheese lettuce and chopped tomato.
I enjoyed this recipe, it was a nice change from traditional enchiladas. I would make it again. Thanks for posting the recipe :)