Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy, yet tasty weeknight meal that my kids enjoy. My niece introduced me to it and I have tweaked it somewhat. This is the only way she will eat broccoli.
- 44.37 ml olive oil, plus more
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 946.36-1419.54 ml leftover cooked brown rice or 946.36-1419.54 ml cooked white rice
- 453.59 g polska kielbasa, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- 946.36 ml broccoli florets
- Braggs liquid aminos or soy sauce
- Heat 3 Tbs olive oil in large deep frying pan, over med-high heat.
- Add onion and stir and cook for about 1 minute;.
- Add celery and stir and cook another minute; add sausage, stir and cook until sausage begins to brown;.
- Add rice and stir. Drizzle more olive oil (about 3 Tbs) over top and stir into rice mixture. Let fry turning every minute or so browning the rice;.
- Add the broccoli and a little liquid aminos to taste. Don't overdo and make too salty. Lower heat and cover and let broccoli cook till tender crisp. Broccoli will be bright green when ready. Do not overcook. Usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Serve with the soy and some pepper to add to taste.
My daughter wants me to make this every day for the rest of her life.
Very easy to make, the flavor was wonderful. I did use a sausage with jalape?o in it. Thanks!
easy and delicious, even kids ask for it again and again. We are on gluten free diet - with GF sausage it's perfect choice for us. Thank you for posting!!