Recipe by MaryT927
Fresh broccoli & spicy turkey sausage combined with pasta serves up a tasty dish. I usually have to double it because everyone wants seconds!
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage (hot turkey sausage works well & less fat)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 350.
- Boil water for Ziti
- Lightly grease 13x9 casserole dish.
- Cook sausage in pan, break up to small pieces.
- Add butter and stir.
- Sprinkle flour on and stir (2 minutes).
- Pour in milk, stir constantly until smooth and thick.
- Season w/salt and pepper.
- Cook Ziti 5 minutes then add broccoli pieces & cook 3 more minutes.
- Stir ziti/broccoli w/sausage mixture.
- Put all in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake 25 mins or until top is brown and bubbly.