Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is NOT the cassarole recipe!!! It is a fantastic version that usually requires a double batch for family functions.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, steamed and drained (smaller packages are OK, florets are OK)
- 72 Ritz crackers, crushed (2 sleeves)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 (32 ounce) box Velveeta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix butter and crackers; press with the back of a spoon onto the bottom of a baking dish (any size dish, depending on how thick you would like the layer).
- Add broccoli in an even layer.
- Put velveeta slices covering entire top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Loved this! A combination of healthy and fattening! I steamed fresh broccoli in a double boiler and used grated "Mexican Cheese blend" found in grocery cheese aisle... couldn't bring myself to buy the Velveeta which isn't healthy.