My husband asked me to make him something relatively mild for his stomach. He was coming off a cleans and didn't want to upset his stomach too much right off the bat. I thought soup should do the trick. He loved it. Hope you do as well. Note: I used Great Valley Rice Medley from Costco
- Cook rice medley as per package directions until just done.
- About 30 minutes.
- Do not drain.
- In a large soup pot, on medium heat, melt butter with oil.
- Add carrot/onion and saute until onion is tender.
- Add garlic and saute until just fragrant.
- Add broccoli and also saute for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and rice with liquid.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.