1/1 Photo of Broccoli and Rice Soup
Lori Mama's Note:
My husband asked me to make him something relatively mild for his stomach. He was coming off a cleans and didn't want to upset his stomach too much right off the bat. I thought soup should do the trick. He loved it. Hope you do as well. Note: I used Great Valley Rice Medley from Costco
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice medley as per package directions until just done.
- 2About 30 minutes.
- 3Do not drain.
- 4In a large soup pot, on medium heat, melt butter with oil.
- 5Add carrot/onion and saute until onion is tender.
- 6Add garlic and saute until just fragrant.
- 7Add broccoli and also saute for 5 minutes.
- 8Add stock and rice with liquid.
- 9Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 10Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.4
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 152.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: