Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favorite at our house that my grandmother used to make all the time. You can also add canned chicken to the recipe as well. This is one of my favorite comfort dishes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) box Velveeta cheese
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Saute onion in margarine.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat until cheese is melted.
- Pour into shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This is wonderful and very easy to make. I used brown rice and cooked it in chicken broth for a little extra flavor. Did not add the jalapeno, my family doesnt care for hot or spicy, and butter instead of margarine. I would serve this as a main dish with the added chicken as Psalm suggested or a side dish. Will be making this again! Made and reviewed for PAC - Fall 2008.
What a nice recipe. Added the chicken as you suggested and instead of velveeta used a can of cheese soup, also added a few chopped pimentos just for color and it was great. The jalapeno added a really nice zing to a recipe that while good - ended up being great. Will be making this a lot, thanks Psalm for a very nice recipe.