Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
In a hurry? This side dish is just what you need.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together chicken broth, half-and-half, soup, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broccoli and garlic.
- Return to a boil.
- Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat simmering for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to stand covered for 5 to 10 minutes.