Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the 1995 "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes, Edina, MN.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked
- 8 ounces grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup (or 1/9 recipe of my Cream Soup Substitute Mix, mushroom variation)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large casserole and bake 25 minutes- Serve hot.
This is a very good side dish. I made this to go along with Aloha Meatballs and it was fabulous. It was crunchy and I love crunchy surpises in a casserole. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.