1/1 Photo of Broccoli and Provolone Quiche
1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups coarsely chopped broccoli florets (and tender stems)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or two)
- crushed red pepper flakes, a pinch
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 baked pie shell (9-inch)
- 1 cup grated provolone cheese (moderately sharp)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; put broccoli in a steamer basket and steam over boiling water until tender, almost 4 minutes; remove the steamer basket from the saucepan; set aside.
- 2Combine the oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a big skillet; cook, stirring, over med-low heat until the garlic begins to sizzle.
- 3Add in the broccoli and cook for 1 minute more.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in the onion and sprinkle with the salt and a grinding of pepper.
- 5In a big bowl, whisk the eggs until light; stir in the half-and-half.
- 6Spoon the broccoli mixture evenly into the pie shell; sprinkle with the cheese and pour in the egg mixture.
- 7Bake the quiche until puffed and golden brown, about 35 minutes; (cover pie crust edges to prevent overbrowning).
- 8Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Provolone Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 135.8 mg
- Sodium 555.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g