Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Even non-vegans like it.
- 4 -5 potatoes
- 5 heads broccoli
- 2 cups soymilk
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can vegetable broth
- salt & pepper
- Make a lightly colored rue with the flour and oil. Add the soy milk and stir frequently while bringing to a light simmer. Simmer until it is significantly thick. Add the vegetable broth and simmer some more.
- Blanch the broccoli and slice the potatoes.
- Put the broccoli and potatoes into a casserole pan, pour in the thickened soy milk. Bake covered at 350 until the potatoes are done. Remove the cover and bake for a little longer to crisp up the top. It will need to sit for a little after it comes out of the oven.