1/1 Photo of Broccoli and Pearl Onions With a Sherry Glaze
A pretty vegetable combination that features broccoli and pearl onions in a sweet and sour sherry sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim tough ends from broccoli stalks. Cut broccoli heads crosswise into 3 inch lengths. Cut stalks lenghtwise into 1/3 inch thick lices. Cut flowerets in half if they are thicker than 1 1/2 inches, leave smaller flowerets whole.
- 2In a large 6 quart pan cook broccoli, uncovered, in about 3 quarts boiling water just until barely tender when pierced (about 5 to 6 minutes). Drain well and arrange in shallow 4 quart casserole. Keep warm.
- 3While broccoli cooks blend cornstarch into 1 1/3 cups cold water, set aside.
- 4Wipe pan dry and add onions and oil Cook over high heat, shaking pan often, until onions are browned (about 6 to 8 minutes).
- 5Remove onions and set aside. Keep warm.
- 6In pan bring sherry, broth, vinegar, sugar, and currants to boil. Boil uncovered until mixture is reduced to 1 1/3 cups (about 6 to 8 minutes). Stir in cornstarch mixture; bring to boil, stirring. Season to taste with salt.
- 7Stir onions into hot sauce; Pour over broccoli.
- 8Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Pearl Onions With a Sherry Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 149.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar