Recipe by ciccha
This stuff is fantastic! It is a household favorite and we try to have it at least once a week. It is a great way to get broccoli in to your diet. you can use butter, i guess, but it will NOT be as good. Also make sure that the olive oil is extra-virgin. no other type of oil will do. I reccommend filipo berio. also, do not get colavita or botticelli, since they are greasy, disgusting brands. Botticelli is not even extra virgin.
- 1 lb tubular pasta (shells, mezzi rigatoni, penne, rotini)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, with stems removed and cut into bite size peices
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup marsala wine (optional)
- romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling water. Drain well and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, steam broccoli florets until soft.
- Cover the bottom of large skillet with oil.
- Saute broccoli for 10 minutes. Add more oil to prevent burning.
- OPT> Add marsala wine and cook until evaporated.
- Add pasta and fry until hot, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with romano cheese.