Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Fresh broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables. This is a great way to dress it up. Tastes incredible.
Top Review by Denise in NH
I also added extra Olive oil because I sauteed mushroom slices along with the broccoli and I increased the amount of garlic. A very quick, easy and tastey pasta dinner! Thanks for posting NurseDi.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut florets and parts of broccoli stems into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli with garlic, oil, butter, salt, pepper, and cayenne over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until just tender, stirring frequently.
- Place hot pasta in a serving dish; top with broccoli mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.