Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables. This is a great way to dress it up. Tastes incredible.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
- Cut florets and parts of broccoli stems into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli with garlic, oil, butter, salt, pepper, and cayenne over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until just tender, stirring frequently.
- Place hot pasta in a serving dish; top with broccoli mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Thanks Nurse Di. We had this for supper tonight. Very delicious. Nicely seasoned--garlic and cayenne are my personal favs. I used Romano cheese to sprinkle on top. Perfect meatless entree. Many thanks.
I also added extra Olive oil because I sauteed mushroom slices along with the broccoli and I increased the amount of garlic. A very quick, easy and tastey pasta dinner! Thanks for posting NurseDi.
This was so simple and easy but large on flavor. Sauteed broccoli and seasonings over pasta with cheese. Double YUMMY!!! And look mom, no meat. I followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't change a thing. DH and I thoroughly enjoyed this. Thanks Nurse Di ;)