Recipe by marileamills
I came by this recipe through my best friend. Something different that I enjoy.
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced broccoli
- 2 (9 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed (I use Green Giant)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the orzo as directed on the product package; drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, saute the garlic and broccoli for 3 minutes; stir frequently.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and salt to taste; saute for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and vinegar; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until heated well.
- Add the orzo; stir to mix.
- Serve warm.