Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good & simple side dish I grew up with. Here's a note on preparing the broccoli - Cut off the tough bottom section of stalk. With a sharp knife pull away the outer skin of the stalk. Slice the stalks into quarter sized slices and put in with the florets to steam -- this way there is little to no waste.
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 5 kalamata olives
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cut broccoli into bite-size pieces. Steam until crisp tender but still bright green color. This should take about seven minutes, depending on the freshness of the broccoli.
- While broccoli is steaming, pit the olives. When pitted, cut the olives into slivers.
- Remove broccoli from steamer and put into serving bowl. Mix in the grated lemon and the olives. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds, the oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt to taste. Toss well.