Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick side dish.
- 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken and broccoli soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large saucepan prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Add broccoli for last five minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- In same pan mix soup, sour cream, cheese, pepper, garlic powder, and noodle mixture. Over medium heat, heat through, stirring occasionally.
I used this as a main dish. Not exactly a substitution, but I used ramen noodles so I could cook in the microwave and two cans of condensed chicken noodle with milk. I didn't have sour cream, so I used about 1/4 cup of sour cream dip that I had left. For spices I used black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, parsley, oregano, and basil. My husband and I both had a couple bowlfuls.
Quick easy dish. I subbed peas for the broccoli. Reminded me a faster version of tuna noodle casserole, if I were to have added the tuna.
Very quick and easy side dish. I loved that it made right on the stove top and no extra baking needed. I followed the recipe and just added a little milk. Thanx for a great quick side!