Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like this best when made with fresh shiitake mushrooms, but regular button mushrooms are just fine too.
- 1 bunch broccoli, in pieces
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 59.14-78.07 ml water or 59.14-78.07 ml chicken stock
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- Clean broccoli.
- Trim off flowers into bite-size pieces, lightly peel broccoli stalks and slice into diagonal medallions.
- Heat wok on high. Add the oil and when the oil is hot add the broccoli, stir-fry rapidly until the broccoli is covered in oil.
- When the wok is no longer oily, add a splash of water or chicken stock and continue to fry, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, replenishing water/chicken stock whenever wok becomes dry.
- Toss in the prepared mushrooms and the garlic, stir, add half of the oyster sauce, stir, cover and simmer at medium heat two minutes.
- Serve drizzled with the remaining oyster sauce.
a good way to put a little extra kick into a broccoli side dish. i added some cherry tomatoes to the mix.
I made it with fresh shiitakes that I stir fried for about 5 minutes before adding the broccoli. If I make it again and I probably will, I'd add a pinch of red pepper flakes to wake it up a bit.
Tasty! I used dried shiitake and button mushrooms and the water in which the shiitake was soaked instead of water.