Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The most delicious chicken-broccoli-alfredo twist I've had. Great for potlucks, or for leftovers!
Make and share this Broccoli and Lemon Pepper Chicken Alfredo With Bow Tie Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 cups broccoli, chopped (including stalk)
- 5 cups bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 5 ounces freshly shredded parmesan cheese or 5 ounces freshly-shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Boil pasta to desired firmness and drain.
- While the pasta boils, fry chicken with oil, lemon juice and lemon pepper until thoroughly cooked. (Flavor will be very strong.) Seat aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cover the bottom of the pan with water and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli, cover and boil 5 minutes, drain well. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk until smooth and hot.
- Reduce heat and add cheese.
- When mixture is smooth, add salt, paprika and mustard.
- Mix pasta, broccoli and cheese sauce in a large pot, then add chicken.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve cold.
Unfortunately I didn't like this at all, I found it not saucy enough, but I will give it another try and double the sauce and half the pasta.
Just what I like. Complete dinner quick and easy. Cut this down to serve only 2, but taking the advice of Angeduh, made sauce for 4! Just added Old School House Yeast Rolls warm from the oven. 2 very satisfied eaters. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Velvet Elevator. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I have made this twice and LOVE it! The first time we cut the whole recipe down to serves 4. The second time we did the same for the chicken but the the sauce as serves 8 and it was better, more pasta than chicken. Made for great leftovers. This will be a weekly meal.