1/1 Photo of Broccoli and Leek Soup With Croutons and Sour Cream
Another yummy find from Good Taste magazine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed, cut into 1cm pieces
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 leek, pale section only, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large potato, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 liter water
- 1 low-sodium vegetable bouillon cube, crumbled
- 600 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 75 g low-fat sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Place the bread cubes on a baking tray and spray lightly with olive oil spray. Bake, turning once, for 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Add the leek. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- 4Add the potato, water and stock cube to the leek mixture. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Add the broccoli, simmer for 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender, set aside to cool slightly.
- 6Place the broccoli mixture, parsley and basil in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer back into a saucepan, stir over heat until heated through.
- 7Ladle the soup into serving bowls, top with croutons and sour cream. Season with pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Leek Soup With Croutons and Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 143.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium vegetable bouillon cubes