Recipe by Norahs Girl
Good as a side dish with most grilled foods. I find children especially like it!
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 675 g leeks, washed and shredded
- 1 teaspoon soft thyme leaves
- 225 g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 450 g head of broccoli, stems sliced and florets separated
- 150 ml double cream
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large pan.
- Add the leeks and thyme and cook for a few minutes until softened, stirring regularly.
- Then cover the pan and gently fry for 15-20 minutes until completely cooked down and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until nearly tender.
- Add the broccoli stems and cook for another 5 minutes, then add the florets and simmer for a further 3 minutes until just tender.
- Drain the potato mixture and place in a food processor with the leeks- you may have to do this in batches.
- Blend until smooth and then return to a clean pan.
- Stir in the cream, season to taste and re-heat gently just before serving.