Recipe by CookingMonster
I bought some broccoli stuffed chicken breasts one time and they were soooooo delicious, but very expensive as a family meal, so I looked on the internet for something similar and made this recipe. This is a real keeper for our family. I also doubled this recipe because I had 8 chicken breasts, so needless to say we had leftovers. I added a little celery soup to the broccoli along with green onions, salt and pepper to flavor, for a variation and it was wonderful. The best stuffed chicken I have ever had.
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned, fine (I didn't use seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned, boned and pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces ham, thinly sliced (I used deli toupee ham)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, cooked, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan, set aside.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasonings, set aside.
- In small bowl, using fork, combine egg and butter and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll each pounded breast into egg mixture and then into crumbs, coating both sides evenly.
- On each breast arrange 1/2 oz. cheese, 1/2 oz. ham and 2 tablespoons brocoli on top of ham.
- Place near one end for easier rollup. Roll to enclose filling.
- Arrange breast seams side down in baking pan.
- Bake until tender at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.