I bought some broccoli stuffed chicken breasts one time and they were soooooo delicious, but very expensive as a family meal, so I looked on the internet for something similar and made this recipe. This is a real keeper for our family. I also doubled this recipe because I had 8 chicken breasts, so needless to say we had leftovers. I added a little celery soup to the broccoli along with green onions, salt and pepper to flavor, for a variation and it was wonderful. The best stuffed chicken I have ever had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned, fine (I didn't use seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned, boned and pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces ham, thinly sliced (I used deli toupee ham)
- 1/2 cup broccoli, cooked, chopped
- 1Spray a 9x13 inch pan, set aside.
- 2On a sheet of waxed paper, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasonings, set aside.
- 3In small bowl, using fork, combine egg and butter and mix well.
- 4Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 5Roll each pounded breast into egg mixture and then into crumbs, coating both sides evenly.
- 6On each breast arrange 1/2 oz. cheese, 1/2 oz. ham and 2 tablespoons brocoli on top of ham.
- 7Place near one end for easier rollup. Roll to enclose filling.
- 8Arrange breast seams side down in baking pan.
- 9Bake until tender at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Ham Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.5
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 225.8 mg
- Sodium 621.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 43.2 g