Recipe by Annacia
Adding crunchy cashews and fresh almonds to broccoli and beans is a really great way of serving these two simple green vegetables. It makes you want to eat them for ever.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Real tasty, and flavorful. We particularly enjoyed the nut combo. Made for a great side with some hamburgers. The seasonings too were a perfect combo. And the kids did eat their veggies. Made for PRMR Tag
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into small florets, with stems trimmed on the diagonal
- 226.79 g French beans, topped but not tailed
- 29.58 ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- about 10 unsalted cashews, halved lengthways
- about 10 fresh almonds, peeled and halved length ways
- sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large bowl half full with cold water and drop in a few handfuls of ice cubes,set aside.
- Plunge the broccoli florets into a large pan of salted boiling water, bring the water back to the boil, and simmer for 1 minute.
- Drain and refresh in the iced water.
- Repeat with the beans, then drain both vegetables and dry them on a cloth.
- Put the oil in a wok or large, non-stick frying pan and set over a high heat. When you can just see a haze rising add the cashews and toss until browned.
- Add the broccoli and saute for 2 minutes before tossing in the beans. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and toss in the almonds.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.