Broccoli and Garlic Penne
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the penne. Cook at a rolling boil until the pasta is just tender. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again, and reserve.
- Cut the broccoli florets into fairly small pieces.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and add the broccoli and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, pat dry, and reserve.
- Pour the oil into a large skillet, and heat over medium heat until it begins to ripple, about 1 minute. Add the garlic slices and cook, shaking the pan, until the garlic begins to brown around the edges, another minute.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet, stir well, sprinkle with black pepper, and cook 2 minutes longer, shaking the skillet.
- Add the butter and penne to the broccoli and cook, stirring often, until the penne is well mixed with the broccoli, oil, and garlic and the mixture is hot, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place in a serving dish, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.