Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an excellent and simple pasta dish that is just as delightful warm as it is chilled. You can throw in some sautéed leafy greens to up the veggie (i.e. nutrient) content of this dish as well.
- Wash broccoli, mushrooms, and lime.
- Chop the head of the broccoli so florets are approximately mushroom-sized. Cut the stalk clear of any 'bad' parts and slice into about 1/4 inch thick pieces. Set aside.
- Cut off the mushroom stems and quarter the caps. Set aside.
- Zest and juice the lime, also set aside.
- Fill a medium-sized pot half way with water, bring to a boil. Add radiatore and cook for 6-8 minutes. Drain, don't rinse, and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over a medium-low heat. Mince garlic and add to pan. Let sizzle for about 20-30 seconds (we don't want burnt garlic) and add lime zest. Quickly throw broccoli into pan and sauté for one minute, then add mushrooms. Add 3 tablespoons lime juice, 1/2 tablespoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and toss. Cover and simmer for 4 or 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add broccoli and mushrooms and crumbled feta to radiatore in medium saucepan. Add remaining lime juice, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil and toss over a low heat until pasta is hot again and the feta has begun to melt.
- Remove from heat and serve in warm bowls, or chill and enjoy as a pasta salad.