Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was a specialty of my Grandma's. I remember when I was a kid she would sometimes make this for my mom to take for her lunch at work. Eventually Gram wound up sending about 6 sandwishes everytime because my mom's coworkers all wanted it when they smelled it. Grandma didn't measure anything, so these are estimates.
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 ounce provolone cheese (1 slice)
- 2 slices Italian bread (thick slices)
- Chop broccoli; heat in pan with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour eggs over broccoli and scramble together (do not overcook).
- When almost done, place a slice of provolone cheese over the top to melt.
- Serve on Italian bread.
This was very good and easy, I added a little ham to mine and we had it for breakfast. I also used a mixture of mozarella and cheddar cheese. I served mine over an english muffin. Very healthy start to the day.
This was a really good sandwich, and I loved it very much. I used an extra slice of chees (because I love cheese). I used regular salt as I couldn't find anything from Lawry
I love broccoli but had never thought of making it with the eggs. Thanks for the idea. This was was really delicious. I used butter instead of oil and the buttery taste really went well with the broccoli. Thanks JenniferK2 for posting. Roxygirl