Recipe by JenniferK2
This was a specialty of my Grandma's. I remember when I was a kid she would sometimes make this for my mom to take for her lunch at work. Eventually Gram wound up sending about 6 sandwishes everytime because my mom's coworkers all wanted it when they smelled it. Grandma didn't measure anything, so these are estimates.
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
This is a great and easy to make recipe for a weekday lunch! Next time I'll probably add some ham in there too and experiment with the seasonings a little. Love that it's served on Italian bread too as it's my favourite! This was delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 ounce provolone cheese (1 slice)
- 2 slices Italian bread (thick slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop broccoli; heat in pan with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour eggs over broccoli and scramble together (do not overcook).
- When almost done, place a slice of provolone cheese over the top to melt.
- Serve on Italian bread.