Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Here is a wonderful brunch recipe, I make it quite often at my house for weekend gatherings. I always prepare it a night before, refrigerate, then bake it before we eat, this saves a lot of time. This is also great for supper, with a salad on the side. Enjoy! Note: cooking time does not include cooking pasta.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed or 1 (10 ounce) package fresh broccoli, cooked,drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 -4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- set oven to 350 degrees.
- butter a 13x9 baking dish.
- in a med saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth gradually add half and half; bring to a light boil.
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- remove from the heat; stir in onions and hot pepper sauce.
- spread a fourth of the white sauce in prepared pan.
- top with three noodles, half of the ham and broccoli, 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, half of the eggs, and a fourth of the white sauce repeat layers.
- top with the remaining noodles, white sauce and cheeses.
- bake, uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly.