Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Make and share this Broccoli and Cranberry Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup salad dressing or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix until thoroughly combined using a fork or wire whisk.
- Add dressing to salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
Delicious! I used low fat mayo, a little less sugar than the recipe called for and added shredded carrots. I left out the cheese to reduce the calories and didn't have any sunflower seeds and it was still amazing. But I bet the seeds would have been great in it. Next time, I might try replacing some of the mayo with non-fat yogurt to cut calories even more. This one is definitely a keeper!
I was looking for a recipe like this after spending $5.99/lb. at my local deli. And this recipe tastes even better than the store bought. It is also easy. I thought I would have to parboil the broccoli but no! Just wash the broccoli well and chop it. Five cups of broccoli is equal to the crowns of 3 -4 stalks. Also, I used no bacon and it is so good without it also. This will be a staple in my fridge. I could eat it every day!! Thanks for sharing.
Used Ocean Spray Cranraisins! Crowd pleaser!! I was served this salad at a Tea Room in Quitman, TX and it was absolutely delicious. Came home and researched the recipe. Took the dish to buffet luncheon and was devoured within minutes. What's so nice is you can prepare this recipe by cutting back on the fat/calories through the mayo, sugar, cheese and bacon.