Recipe by Kiersten Phae
I've seen other coleslaw salads, but mine is changed a little. My 8 y/o daughter absolutely loves it! It's quick and easy. Such a nice light salad for summer. I've used vegetable and extra virgin olive oil so far, and both work fine. You can use 1 or 2 of the ramen seasoning packs.
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (Reserve seasoning packs. Chicken or oriental is all I've tried so far)
- 1⁄3 cup slivered cucumber
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
For the Dressing
- 1 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup rice wine
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl, adding the broken ramen last.
- Combine all dressing ingredients with the 2 seasoning packets reserved from the ramen and pour over the salad.
- Can be served immediately, but the noodles soften after the dressing mixes with it.