Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. I havent tried it yet but it sounds yummy.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, cooked and broth saved
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 9 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot combine reserved chicken broth, canned chicken broth and garlic.
- Add carrots and onions to pot and cook until tender.
- Add chicken and cream of chicken soups;stir well.
- Stir in broccoli,tortellini, and pepper.
- Simmer 15 min, or until broccoli is light colored and tortellini is tender.
I used Poached Chicken Breast #101403 for the chicken and broth. I love this soup. It's quick, flavorful, and filling. I didn't change anything. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting a winner Tink!
Made this for Spring PAC 2012 and we really enjoyed this. I used fresh homemade chicken broth and otherwise followed the instructions. I love totellini so I knew this would be a hit. So easy and tasty. Thank you for submitting.
While I was a bit free-wheeling with this recipe, I think I stuck to the ingredient list fairly well. I used leftover chicken and reduced the broth to 2 cans, because I was using dried tortellini which I boiled in a separate pan (thinking the tortellini would have absorbed about that much.) That made this a bit more stew-like (which I like.) I also added 2 cooked red potatoes, since I had them on hand and wanted to use them up. They added a nice third color with their red skins. I also sauted the onion, carrots, and garlic in a little olive oil rather than just dumping them into the soup. (I think that kind of takes the edge off the garlic and it shortened the cooking time for the carrots too.) This was quick and easy to prepare, lovely to look at, and tasty too. I enjoyed it.
I think next time I'll add a bit of thyme.