Recipe by threeovens
The original recipe calls for tofu, but I prefer chicken. Beef or pork would also work nicely here. If you don't have peanut oil, vegetable or canola can also be used. If you don't have rice noodles you can use cooked thin spaghetti or vermicelli.
Top Review by breezermom
This recipe is quick and easy to make! I baked a chicken breast for my cooked chicken, although in the future I might prefer to just cook the chicken in step 2. I couldn't find wide rice noodles, so used thin ones. The broccoli was perfectly crisp-tender....thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.
- 1 lb chicken, cooked, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces wide rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 medium shallots, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (sub regular)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- basil (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak rice noodles in warm water for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Stir fry chicken about 5 minutes. Remove.
- Add shallots, garlic, jalapeno and ginger to skillet or wok. Stir fry over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes. Add broccoli and stir to mix. Cover and cook 3 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, drain noodles and add to skillet or wok. Stir to combine. Return chicken, stir. Add soy sauces and fish sauce. Stir fry 8 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve.