Recipe by Bev
Swiss cheese adds a rich flavor to the creamy sauce of this homestyle casserole. From BH&G
Top Review by SuzieQue
This is delicious. I love swiss cheese with chicken and this recipe results in a creamy, savory casserole that is very filling. I used chicken breasts and fresh basil and made this the night before. It turned out perfect!
- 4 ounces dried medium noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 1⁄2 cups turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- In a 2-quart casserole stir together noodles, chicken or turkey, broccoli, and green onions.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together soup, milk, cheese, basil, and pepper.
- Stir into noodle mixture.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare casserole; cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- Bake as above.