Recipe by paige_kirk
Leftover broccoli and roast chicken combine to create this delicious main-dish casserole. Pantry-ready ingredients such as cream of mushroom soup and dry noodles make it a convenient, last-minute supper. Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare casserole; cover and chill up to 24 hours. Bake as above.
Top Review by DuChick
I had the perfect amount of leftover chicken, fresh broccoli and swiss cheese to make this casserole. We found it pretty good for a casual, weeknight dinner served with a green salad and rolls. I pre-cooked the fresh broccoli and used Healthy Request soup, along with whole wheat noodles to increase the health benefits. Sliced mushrooms would be good in this too!
- 4 ounces dried medium noodles
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 1⁄2 cups turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well.
- 2. In a 2-quart casserole stir together noodles, chicken or turkey, broccoli, and green onions.
- 3. In a medium mixing bowl stir together soup, milk, cheese, basil, and pepper. Stir into noodle mixture.
- 4. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika.