Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another fresh salad, perfect for summer.
Make and share this Broccoli and Cherry Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Steam broccoli until just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- Add tomatoes.
- Place mustard in small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in vinegar, then oil.
- Mix in oregano.
- Add to salad and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be made 6 hours ahead.
- Cover, chill.
This was a nice simple salad, easy to make and very pleasant! I made it just as the recipe stated, except mixing my fresh oregano with the salad so it would be better incorporated. I was worried that the flavor would be a bit too sharp, but the sweetness of the tomatoes calmed the vinegar very nicely and allowed the flavors of the mustard to come through. I would make this salad again, especially when having sandwiches as I think it would go well. Thanks!
This recipe was VERY easy to make. It is a nice change from a regular salad. I made it according to the directions and it turned out great. I also like it because it is a lower carb side dish without adding more fat to your diet. I will be definately adding this recipe to my cookbook!
This lovely recipe adds so much to a Sunday afternoon lunch! It brings much needed colour to the plate and leaves you feeling healthy after all the stodge of the potatoes and parsnips! Recommended and will definitely make again!