Recipe by spatchcock
Another fresh salad, perfect for summer.
Top Review by Sue Lau
This was a nice simple salad, easy to make and very pleasant! I made it just as the recipe stated, except mixing my fresh oregano with the salad so it would be better incorporated. I was worried that the flavor would be a bit too sharp, but the sweetness of the tomatoes calmed the vinegar very nicely and allowed the flavors of the mustard to come through. I would make this salad again, especially when having sandwiches as I think it would go well. Thanks!
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam broccoli until just crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to large bowl and cool.
- Add tomatoes.
- Place mustard in small bowl.
- Gradually whisk in vinegar, then oil.
- Mix in oregano.
- Add to salad and toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be made 6 hours ahead.
- Cover, chill.