Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a cookbook at work. Looks like a meal in itself.
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli (pre cooked)
- 2 green onions
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake potatoes for 45-60 minutes (or until done).
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Scoop pulp out.
- Leave skin intact.
- Make mashed potatoes out of the pulp.
- Add margarine, sour cream, salt, pepper, green onions, and 3/4 cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Then fold in broccoli.
- Stir until incorporated.
- Fill potatoes shells with mashed potato mixture and top with remaining cheese and sprinkle paprika on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated in a oven of 425 degrees.
This was delicious; however, I made this a bit differently. I topped off the potatoes with the mash and marinara and cheese....was amaaazing.
These made a special meatless meal with a salad-thanks for posting!
These really are good. I don't cook with margarine or butter, and when I make mashed potatoes I use olive oil. So when I made these I replaced the margarine with a bit of a Mediterranean bread dipping oil (olive oil with garlic and Italian herbs). Really delicious! I served these alongside some grilled prawns. Thank you.