Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A wonderful way to get my family to eat broccoli. From Taste of Home.
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 18 cooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (27 ounce) jarchunky garden combination pasta sauce, divided
- Combine ricotta cheese, broccoli, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in 3-qt. shallow baking dish.
- Spoon about 2 rbsp. cheese mixture into each shell.
- Place shells on sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until hot.
I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews. I thought it was great, but I just love ricotta cheese. I chopped up the broccoli into mini pieces and I used medium shells because it was for a potluck and I wanted there to be more mini ones.
I just did not care for the combination of broccoli with ricotta and pasta sauce. My kids picked the broccoli out... maybe if I had chopped it up smaller...
This was a good recipe, thank you. Next time i might try varying the veggies a little shredded carrots and zucchini too. my meat loving husband enjoyed it as well