Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve this with a side of rice and you have your whole meal taken care of!
Make and share this Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half and butterflied (sliced through the middle-but not all the way through, to make a pocket)
- 1 1⁄2 cups steamed broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cubed Velveeta for a smoother sauce)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (not a typo, another 1/2 cup)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- Make cheese sauce: Melt butter in a small sauce pan, and then add flour and stir well.
- Add milk gradually, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder, and stir constantly until thickened.
- Add 1/2 cup cheddar and the cream cheese, and stir to melt.
- Add 1/4 cup of the broccoli pieces, and stir to combine.
- Make chicken: Open butterflied chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place a bit of steamed broccoli and a bit of cheese in each.
- Fold over, and seal with toothpicks.
- Heat about 1-2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat, and brown chicken on all sides, until cooked thoroughly.
- Place chicken in a small casserole dish, and pour cheese sauce over.
- This may either be browned in the oven, or served as is.
What an amazing dish!!! I loved it, the flavors were incredible and the taste unbelievable. Dh loved it, wanted to know how soon he could have it again. A real winner CG!!!!
Absolutely amazing dish! i didnt brown the chicken ahead of time, i dont have time to do that, i followed all directions accepted for that. So i baked in the oven at 400 for 45 mins or so. I served with a side of rice.
The chicken was great! I sauteed minced garlic in the butter instead of adding garlic powder, I used spinach instead of broccoli (but I'm sure I'll love it with broccoli too) and instead of cheddar I used mexican blend cause that's what I had. And only to my chicken I sprinkled crushed red pepper cuause I love the heat. THANKS!!