Recipe by MellyBelly
My husband saw a frozen version of this in the freezer section at the grocery, I turned it over to look at the fat and caloric count and quickly told him NO...I decided that I would make a healthier low-fat version.
Top Review by Martha Cooks!
This was delicious! Thank you! I followed the recipe except I topped it with Swiss instead of colby-monterey jack. At first I was worried that it would be dry because it cooked on the stove for 20 minutues and then an additional 35 minutes in the oven. I used the flash frozed bulk packed boneless chicken breasts. They were moist and very flavorfull. I pureed an additional serving and my 11 month old gobbled it up!
- 1 cup Miracle Whip light
- 10 ounces fresh broccoli, steamed and chopped (you can use frozen, I prefer FRESH)
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cleaned)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare broccoli stuffing, combine broccoli, Miracle Whip, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses in a bowl.
- Lightly mix and place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking oil.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- To prepare chicken, cut a slit down the middle of the breast almost all the way through.
- Take your extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and spices and place them in a frying pan (heat on medium).
- You will want to cook the chicken in the pan for at least 10-12 minutes on each side until the breast are no longer pink.
- Let chicken breast and stuffing cool (KEEP OVEN AT 350°F).
- Stuff chicken breast with the broccoli and cheese stuffing (heaped).
- Place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking oil, and sprinkle the Colby-Jack cheese over them.
- Cover with foil and place in oven for 35-40 minutes.