My husband saw a frozen version of this in the freezer section at the grocery, I turned it over to look at the fat and caloric count and quickly told him NO...I decided that I would make a healthier low-fat version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Miracle Whip light
- 10 ounces fresh broccoli, steamed and chopped (you can use frozen, I prefer FRESH)
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cleaned)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2To prepare broccoli stuffing, combine broccoli, Miracle Whip, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses in a bowl.
- 3Lightly mix and place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking oil.
- 4Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- 5To prepare chicken, cut a slit down the middle of the breast almost all the way through.
- 6Take your extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and spices and place them in a frying pan (heat on medium).
- 7You will want to cook the chicken in the pan for at least 10-12 minutes on each side until the breast are no longer pink.
- 8Let chicken breast and stuffing cool (KEEP OVEN AT 350°F).
- 9Stuff chicken breast with the broccoli and cheese stuffing (heaped).
- 10Place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking oil, and sprinkle the Colby-Jack cheese over them.
- 11Cover with foil and place in oven for 35-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.6
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 119.6 mg
- Sodium 1089.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat mozzarella cheese